Attention: The center will be permanently closing on December 31, 2018. CLICK HERE for additional information.
By: Virtua Center for HealthFitness-Washington Township Staff
Ranked as the #1 diet in the country in 2018, try implementing the fresh and delicious foods from countries around the Mediterranean to your diet. Here is the order of diet categories moving up the Mediterranean diet pyramid.
1. Physical activity and social connections emphasized at the foundation of the pyramid.
2. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, olive oil, nuts, legumes, beans, seeds, herbs and spices are prominent moving upward to the largest portion of the diet pyramid.
3. Seafood is typically eaten at least two times a week.
4. Poultry, eggs, and dairy eaten in moderate portions.
5. Red meat and sweets are eaten rarely.
6. Liquid included in this diet include lots of water and wine in moderation.
Oldways. Mediterranean Diet. Accessed July 31, 2018. https://oldwayspt.org/traditional-diets/mediterranean-diet
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails
Virtua Center for HealthFitness Washington Township - 239 Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd. Suite 100 - Sewell, New Jersey - 08080 - (856) 341-8111